TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE
These terms are an agreement between You, the User of this Web Site (“you/your”) and Female Techpreneur Limited, Reg No. 12438762 with their registered office located at 20 – 22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU, (“us/our/we”) the owner(s) of the Website www.femaletechpreneur.com (“the Website”).
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to happen on your first use of the Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to be bound by all the terms, policies and guidelines incorporated in these terms. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, do not use this Website.
These terms apply to your use of this Website at any time and for whatever purpose and do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Female Techpreneur and you represent and warrant that you are over the age of 18 and are lawfully able to accept these terms. If you are using the Website on behalf of any entity, you further represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept these terms on such entity’s behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify Female Techpreneur for violations of these terms.
Your attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of clause 15 (Limitation of Liability).
- About us
- Company details. Female Techpreneur Limited, Company Number 12438762 (“us” “our” and “we”) is a company registered in England and Wales and our registered office is at 20 – 22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. Our main trading address is 20 – 22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. We own and operate the Website femaletechpreneur.com (“the Website”).
- Contacting us. To contact us, telephone our customer service team at +44 (0) 333 305 5939 email us at email@example.com. If you would like to give us formal notice of any matter under these Terms please refer to clause 2.
- Our contract with you
- Our contract. These Website terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the purchase of any Membership by you and supply of the Services by us to you (“the Contract”). They apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by law, trade custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Entire agreement. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in these Terms.
- Contracting Age. In order to validly contract with us you must be 18 years or older. Please do not use this Website if you are not 18 years or older.
- These Terms and our Contract are made only in the English language.
- Service Providers. Please note that these Terms do not govern the relationship as between Female Techpreneur and our service providers. If you are a service provider contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the necessary documentation to sign up as a service provider.
- We may change our Terms from time to time, in which case up to date versions of our terms will be published on the Website. You should check these Terms regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes to the Terms if you continue to access or use the Website, where the updated terms will always be published for you to view.
- Your copy. You should print off a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference, but please note that the Terms may be amended from time to time and you should always ensure you are referring to the correct and most updated version as published on our Website from time to time.
- Our services
- Description of Services. This Website publishes all our services available from time to time and Female Techpreneur provides the following to you:
- You may purchase a membership to enjoy the various Female Techpreneur services as more fully detailed at the Membership Options and Rules which you can access here [insert hyperlink on Website];
- the provision and maintenance of the membership benefits as set out in the Membership Options and Rules which you can access here www.femaletechpreneur.com;
- to provide members with access to networking, mentorship, education, funding and collaboration with other woman who operate in tech driven business and present a forum for members to network and collaborate;
- to provide a forum in which the members can liaise with each other and thereby establish both professional and social relationships;
- to raise the profile of members as woman in the tech industry and provide additional marketing opportunities;
- to provide members with access to detailed local knowledge of various tech businesses and how they operate in the United Kingdom; and
- to provide public speaking, sponsorship and networking opportunities to other members;
All of which constitute the “Services”.
- Compliance with specification of Services. Subject to our right to amend the Services from time to time we endeavour to supply the Services to you in accordance with the specifications published under the Membership Options and Rules.
- Changes to specification. We reserve the right to amend the specification of the Services if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirement or if the amendment will not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services, and we will notify you in advance of any such amendment. Please check the Website regularly for such updates.
- Reasonable care and skill. We warrant to you that the Services will be provided using reasonable care and skill.
- Time for performance. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates and times specified in order for a Membership to Female Techpreneur’s Services, but will inform you of any amendments and permit you to cancel a Membership and obtain a refund in accordance with the Cancellation Terms below.
- Where we render services. Female Techpreneur is provided for users in the globally. Access to the Website is possible from outside the United Kingdom, but this Website is not intended for use outside the United Kingdom and such users access the Website at their own risk.
- Website content disclaimer. Materials and information published on our Website is not intended as advice and should not be relied on as such. All materials and information are for publicity and informational purposes only. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information to the fullest extent permissible by all applicable laws.
- Security when accessing our Website
- Your use of this Website. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access and view this Website and must ensure you have up to date anti-virus software on any device from which you access our Website.
- Password protection. You are responsible for the safety and security of your password and log in details. To help protect against unauthorised access to your account we suggest you store your username(s) and password(s) safely and securely. Please ensure that your password is not one you have used before, that it is eight characters or more and, ideally, not one that you use on other sites. We recommend that you don’t disclose your username(s) and password(s) to anyone. We also recommend that you sign out of your account at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your session, especially if you share a computer with someone else or if you are using a computer in a public place.
- Unauthorised access. If you suspect that unauthorised access has been made to your account you must notify us immediately by contacting operations team. We will investigate any suspicious activity. We reserve the right, and you authorise us, to disable or block your account at any time where it is suspected that unauthorised access has been made to your account.
When using this Website you undertake the following:
- You may not use this Website or the content for anything other than personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Restrictions. You may not:
(a) print, download, copy, adapt or re-transmit any or all of the Website or the content except for Your personal, non-commercial use of the Website;
(b) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
(c) manipulate or display the Website or its content by using framing or similar navigational technology;
(d) register, subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to register, subscribe, or unsubscribe any party if you are not expressly authorised by such party to do so; and
(e) use the Website or its content other than for its intended purpose or in violation of any applicable laws including, without limitation, copyright and trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable communications legislation and regulations.
(f) upload any data which is malicious, false, misleading, fraudulent or offensive in content. Any breach of this term constitutes a material offence and may result in the removal of such information and/or refusal by the Female Techpreneur to allow any further dealings with you, and/or possible prosecution with the relevant authorities. In such event, you will have no claim or claims of whatsoever nature or kind against Female Techpreneur arising out of cancellation or prosecution as the case may be.
- Representations. You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, those relating to the internet, data, electronic communications, privacy, and the transmission of data applicable to the United Kingdom.
- Terms applicable. Any Membership purchased or the provision of Services by Female Techpreneur or its service providers to you through this Website as well as an cancellations or refunds applicable will always be subject to these Terms and the Membership Rules published on the Website and such other terms as we may notify you in writing.
- Female Techpreneur will use reasonable endeavours to keep the system available and maintain full system functionality at all times. You agree that Female Techpreneur will not be liable to you or any other person in respect of any loss or damage arising from the unavailability of, or interruption in, the service.
- Sign out. You must sign out of the Website once you have finished using the Website. If you do not do this, unauthorised transactions may result, for which we will not be liable.
- Female Techpreneur Membership and Rules Applicable
- Membership and Subscriptions. The Membership Options, Membership Rules and the Subscriptions payable in respect of the varios Membership Options are detailed under the Membership Options and Rules tab on the Website.
- Cancellation of Memberships.
This clause sets out your rights in respect of a cancellation and obtaining a refund.
- You may cancel your membership at any time by emailing our support team on email@example.com
- As a new Member, you may cancel your membership for a full refund within your first 14 days of joining the membership for the first time, this is our full money-back guarantee to you.
- Existing Members or Members who have joined for a second or subsequent time may cancel their membership via the same methods as mentioned above, however, you are only entitled to receive a full refund if your cancellation is requested at least 7 days before the next billing date for the membership. Any cancellation requests made after the billing date will only be eligible for a refund before the next billing date. You will have access to the membership for another month and your cancellation will take effect the day before your next billing date.
- For annual subscriptions, you may cancel your membership for a full refund within your first 14 days of signing up to the annual membership.
- Should you have signed up to the monthly membership subscription and would like to switch to an annual membership, you will have to purchase the annual membership first and inform our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will then cancel your monthly subscription for you and provide you with a refund for any monthly membership not utilised. This switch can only happen within 3 days prior to your billing date.
- Purchasing Memberships
- Placing your order. Please follow the onscreen prompts to purchase a Membership. You may only place an order using the method set out on the Website. Each order is an offer by you to purchase the Membership and related Services specified in the order, subject to these Terms.
- Correcting input errors. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please check the order carefully before confirming it. You are responsible for ensuring that your order details are complete and accurate.
- Acknowledging receipt of your order. After you place your order, you will receive an automated email from us acknowledging that we have received it together with our payment, but please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order is subject to payment made and a good fit to our
- Accepting your order. Our acceptance of your order takes place after payment is received in accordance with these Terms and when we send an email to you confirming payment and acceptance. (“Order Acceptance”), at which point, and on which date a Contract between you and us will come into existence. The Contract will relate only to that Membership and those related Services purchased, confirmed and accepted in the Order Acceptance.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to supply you with the Services for any reason, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order or send an invoice. If you have already paid for the Membership, we will refund you the full amount.
- Your obligations
- You understand that by purchasing a Membership from this Website you will be bound contractually to these Terms and the Membership Rules as published on the Website.
- Responsibilities. It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- the terms of your order are complete and accurate;
- you cooperate with us in all matters relating to the Services;
- you provide us with such information and materials we may reasonably require in order to supply the Services, and ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material respects.
- Your Default. If our ability to perform the Services is prevented or delayed by any failure by you to fulfil any obligation listed in clause 1 or the Membership Rules (“Your Default”):
- we will be entitled to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy Your Default, and to rely on Your Default to relieve us from the performance of the Services, in each case to the extent Your Default prevents or delays performance of the Services. In certain circumstances Your Default may entitle us to terminate the Contract under clause 17 (Termination);
- we will not be responsible for any costs or losses you sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from our failure or delay to perform the Services; and
- it will be your responsibility to reimburse us on written demand for any costs or losses we sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from Your Default.
The following provisions apply to Charges:
- In consideration of us providing the Membership and related Services you must pay our charges (“Charges”) in accordance with clause 6 and this clause 9.
- The Charges are the prices quoted on our Website at the time you submit your order. All charges and refunds will always be processed in Pounds Sterling.
- If you wish to change the order after we accept your order, and we agree in writing to such change, we will modify the Charges accordingly.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices published for the Membership and related Services are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered into the system. However, please see clause 7 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Memberships and / or Services you ordered.
- Our Charges may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any reservation you have already placed.
- Our Charges are exclusive of VAT. Where VAT is payable in respect of some or all of the Services you must pay us such additional amounts in respect of VAT, at the applicable rate, at the same time as you pay the Charges.
- It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts that some of the Membership and related Services on our site may be incorrectly priced. Where the correct price for the Membership is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount and if the correct price for the Services is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you in writing as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Membership at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. However, if we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the Membership and refund you any sums you have paid.
- How to pay
- Payment for the Services is in advance through the payment portal by providing your credit card details and is automatically deducted by the payment portal service provider. (this can be PayPal, stripe, square or any payment processing organisation)
- You can pay for the Services using a debit card or credit card. We accept all major cards
- We will either send you an electronic invoice on receipt of your order or users can make payment online via our website.
- If you fail to make a payment of the invoice within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice your order will be automatically cancelled, and an automated notification will be sent advising you of the cancellation.
- We shall each pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law).
- You agree that a payment transaction constitutes an electronic transaction and that a binding contract has been concluded between Female Techpreneur and you in terms of which you authorise Female Techpreneur (or the payment portal service provider) to deduct from, or to debit, the credit card the amount owing for services purchased.
- By clicking the “Payment” button, you signify that all your payment information provided is correct and accurately inputted and that you accept all terms and conditions contained in this Website.
- If a transaction is authorised by the bank you will receive on screen confirmation of your purchase. Should the transaction be declined by the bank, you will receive notification of this on screen and no purchase will be made. Your bank may charge fees for declining a payment.
- We are not able to check your name against any card details inputted into the payment portal system and accordingly you indemnify us against any claims howsoever arising from incorrect card details or the use of your card by persons who have no authority to do so.
- On confirmation of a purchase an e-mail and SMS (providing you have supplied a mobile number) will be generated and dispatched to you. The e-mail address provided by you will be used to send the receipt. Only United Kingdom mobile phone numbers will be sent the confirmation by SMS. It is advised that you print the confirmatory e-mail receipt for your record purposes.
- Comments and queries with regard to payments should be e-mailed with full detail including the reference number with to Female Techpreneur at email@example.com
If a problem arises or you are dissatisfied with the Services, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to resolve your complaint.
- Intellectual property rights
- All content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of or licensed to Female Techpreneur, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property, copyright and other relevant laws.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on this Website or unless given express written permission to do so by Female Techpreneur.
- Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- How we may use your personal information
- Use. We will use any personal information you provide to us to:
- provide the Membership and related Services;
- process your payment for the Membership and related Services; and
- inform you about similar services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us at this email address email@example.com.
- Female Techpreneur is committed to secure encrypted storage of your personal information. Under no circumstances will Female Techpreneur give or sell any information relating to our clients to third parties, or organisations except to those of our registered service providers who are required to render Services to you and who are bound to comply with Data Privacy Legislation.
- Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Female Techpreneur or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves nor of those in control of them.
- Limitation of liability: YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE.
- Female Techpreneur accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession)
where such liability arises as a direct result of any act or omission by Female Techpreneur.
- Subject to clause 2, we will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- loss of profits;
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- loss of or damage to goodwill; and
- any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 2, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will be limited to the total Charges paid under the Contract for any specific Membership and / or related Services.
- We have given commitments as to compliance of the Membership and Services with the relevant specification in these Terms. In view of these commitments, the terms implied by sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- Unless you notify us that you intend to make a claim in respect of an event within the notice period, we shall have no liability for that event. The notice period for an event shall start on the day on which you became, or ought reasonably to have become, aware of the event having occurred and shall expire 3 months from that date. The notice must be in writing and must identify the event and the grounds for the claim in reasonable detail and be addressed to us at our registered address.
- This clause 15 will survive termination of the Contract.
- We each undertake that we will not at any time disclose to any person any confidential information concerning one another’s personal data, business, affairs, customers, clients or suppliers, except as permitted by clause 2.
- We each may disclose the other’s confidential information:
- to such of our respective employees, officers, representatives, subcontractors or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of exercising our respective rights or carrying out our respective obligations under the Contract. We will each ensure that such employees, officers, representatives, subcontractors or advisers comply with this clause 16; and
- as may be required by law, a court of competent jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority.
- Each of us may only use the other’s confidential information for the purpose of fulfilling our respective obligations under the Contract.
- Termination, consequences of termination and survival
- Termi Without limiting any of our other rights, we may suspend the performance of the Services, or terminate the Contract or revoke your access to the Website with immediate effect by giving written notice to you if:
- you commit a material breach of any term of the Contract and (if such a breach is remediable) fail to remedy that breach within 5 days of you being notified in writing to do so;
- you fail to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment;
- you take any step or action in connection with you entering administration, provisional liquidation or any composition or arrangement with your creditors (other than in relation to a solvent restructuring), applying to court for or obtaining a moratorium under Part A1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, being wound up (whether voluntarily or by order of the court, unless for the purpose of a solvent restructuring), having a receiver appointed to any of your assets or ceasing to carry on business [or, if the step or action is taken in another jurisdiction, in connection with any analogous procedure in the relevant jurisdiction];
- Consequences of termination. Termination of the Contract will not affect your or our rights and remedies that have accrued as at termination
- Any provision of the Contract that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination will remain in full force and effect.
- Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control (“Event Outside Our Control”).
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under the Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under the Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. We will arrange a new date for performance of the Services with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel the Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control. To cancel please contact us using the cancellation form on the Website. If you opt to cancel we will refund the price you have paid, less the charges reasonably and actually incurred in performing the Services (if any) up to the date of the occurrence of the Event Outside Our Control.
- Communications between us
- When we refer to “in writing” in these Terms, this includes email.
- Any notice or other communication given [under or in connection with the Contract must be in writing and be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, or email.
- A notice or other communication is deemed to have been received:
- if delivered personally, on signature of a delivery receipt [or at the time the notice is left at the proper address];
- if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second working day after posting; or
- if sent by email, at 9.00 am the next working day after transmission.
- In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- The provisions of this clause will not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Assignment and transfer
- We may assign or transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another entity but will always notify you in writing or by posting on this webpage if this happens
- You may only assign or transfer your rights or your obligations under the Contract to another person if we agree in writing.
- Any variation of the Contract only has effect if it is in writing and signed by you and us (or our respective authorised representatives).
- If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Contract, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you or that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive any rights, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any right related to any later default by you.
- Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Third party rights. The Contract is between you and us. No other person has any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Governing law and jurisdiction. The Contract is governed in terms of the laws of England and Wales and we each irrevocably agree to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.